Eco balls give you a very real eco friendly alternative to washing powders, save money, electricity, water and time. They work by producing ionised oxygen in the water which activates the water molecules to penetrate deep into the fibres and lift the dirt away. They are especially good with towels, bed linen and dark colours but with whites and in especially hard water areas or very dirty laundry you may need to use normal washing power for that extra boost. The pros of using these balls are too good to ignore.
• Environmentally friendly – no harsh chemicals or plastic containers to dispose of, meaning much less pollution
• Lower wash temperatures – they operate on a quick wash (30 degrees), reducing your electricity costs and water bills, and saving you even more money.
• One set lasts for 1,000 washes which works out at roughly 3p per wash rather than 25p using normal detergent.
• Softens clothes without needing fabric conditioner even in hard water areas again saving you money.
• Hypoallergenic – so suitable for sensitive skins/eczema (including babies and children).
• Antibacterial – Kills Escherichia Coli and Staphylococcus Aureus.
• Kind to your clothes – they won’t fade bright colours or damage clothing fibres.
• Research suggests that if everyone in the UK switched to Eco Balls 700,000 fewer tonnes of detergent would go into Britain’s waterways every year.
So there you have it – eco balls certainly worth adding to your list of positive environmental actions you can take in your home. Available here as a good green gift or eco choice.